Assisted Living Franchise: 5 Options to Explore
Opening an assisted living facility is a significant endeavor that can be both rewarding and challenging. Exploring various franchise opportunities is a great way to get your foot into the industry. Discover what it takes to open an assisted living franchise and how to choose the right franchise partner for you.
Table of Contents
Assisted Living Franchise Opportunities to Consider
When researching different opportunities within the senior care space, you’ll want to narrow down what type of care your facility will provide. Below are some of the more popular options.
- Traditional assisted living: These are residential facilities designed for seniors or individuals with disabilities who need assistance with daily activities but not intensive medical care. These facilities offer a combination of housing, personalized supportive services, and health care tailored to individual needs, allowing residents to embrace their independence while their better ensuring safety and well-being.
- Memory care: These are specialized residences designed for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia. They offer tailored care, structured activities, and enhanced security to address the unique challenges and needs of their residents. It’s important to note that some of these facilities do provide end-of-life care, while others do not. Before you commit to a franchise, you’ll want to determine if that type of service is right for you.
- Skilled nursing care: Often referred to as nursing homes, these are medical facilities designed for individuals who don’t need hospitalization but do require regular medical supervision and aid. They provide comprehensive health care services, including rehabilitation, therapy, medication management, and assistance with daily activities, delivered by licensed professionals such as nurses, therapists, and doctors.
- Adult day care: These are centers that provide supervised care, social activities, and health-related services to adults who need assistance or supervision during the day. Adult day care offers a safe and supportive environment, allowing family caregivers a break from the demands of full-time caregiving.
- Life-care communities: Also known as continuing care retirement communities, these are comprehensive residential groups for seniors that offer a range of housing options and care levels on one campus. Residents can transition from independent living to assisted living, memory care, or skilled nursing care as their needs change over time. This setup provides continuity of care and minimizes the need for external relocations.
As you learn about different franchise brands, it’s important to look beyond the opportunity they offer. You’ll want to thoroughly research the brand to get an understanding of your territorial rights, the training and support provided to you, and the estimated costs associated with starting and operating your business. You’ll also want to look at customer reviews and speak directly with existing franchisees to gain insight into the overall satisfaction with the franchise.
In-Home Care: An Alternative to Assisted Living Franchises
Another viable option in the senior care industry is home care. Rather than building a facility to house residents, in-home care focuses on allowing seniors to age in place. With a dedicated team of caregivers, home care franchises can provide multiple services, including in-home care, skilled home health care, special care services, respite care, and even assisted living referrals.
A major benefit of starting an in-home care franchise is the reduced overhead costs. With all of the work taking place in the homes of clients, there isn’t a need for a large office or facility space to conduct business from. If you’re unsure of how to open a home care agency, there are franchise brands out there – like Always Best Care – that are looking for compassionate entrepreneurs who are interested in making a positive impact in the lives of others.
Franchise with Always Best Care
Always Best Care is one of the most trusted senior care franchises in the industry. We got our start in 1996, and 10 years later we began franchising our concept. Now, our brand has more than 200 locations nationwide. We’ve been providing top-notch care for decades and have the industry experience to help new franchisees hit the ground running with their senior care business.
With our business model, franchisees are able to build multiple revenue streams. Plus, with our affordable investment costs ranging between $74,725 and $125,400, our franchise partners have ample opportunity to capitalize on their investment.
To learn more about our franchise opportunity, request information today and one of our representatives will be in touch with you soon.