Making In-Home Care More Affordable
Many seniors prefer to stay in their own homes for as long as possible. It is comfortable and familiar. It is filled with memories. They may have already paid off their mortgage. But as they get older, living alone can become more challenging and unsafe. Sometimes families recognize these issues first but are hesitant to say anything. Seniors may even realize they could benefit from additional support.
In-home care can be a valuable resource for empowering seniors to age in place more safely and effectively. But a big concern for many families and their loved ones is the cost. They worry that in-home care will be too expensive. This is not always the case.
Senior care companies can work with you to find the right level of care and amount of service to benefit your loved one while still working within your budget. They can help you determine exactly what tasks they may need assistance with, or what times of the day they could use someone else there. If a caregiver only needs to be there at certain times or on certain days, this can be arranged. In-home care is very flexible.
There are also ways to make care more affordable. A lot of families don’t know that these resources are available or where to look. Here are just a few options to consider:
- Private Insurance: Read your loved one’s policy carefully or talk to their insurance provider to see if in-home care is included.
- Medicaid: There are medical and financial eligibility requirements, so see if your loved one qualifies. Review your individual state’s program laws and benefits.
- Veterans Benefits: Aid and Attendance benefits through the military may cover some of the cost of in-home care for veterans and their spouses.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: Senior care services, such as in-home care, are often included. There may be requirements in terms of the amount or type of services needed before insurance kicks in.
- Life Insurance: Some life insurance policies allow you to apply them toward long-term care. You may be able to use this to help pay for in-home care services.
It is a good idea to explore all of your options and see what fits best with your aging parent’s situation and finances. A senior care services provider can also let you know if there are other resources or programs in your area that can help offset the costs. You may find that in-home care is more affordable than you realized.
Senior care services can benefit older adults in many ways. Seniors want to remain independent and in control, and an in-home caregiver can help them to do just that. They will receive the appropriate level of assistance for a given situation and can continue to do many things on their own. Contact Always Best Care at (855) 470-2273 to schedule a care consultation and learn more about senior care services and payment options.